Tuesday 3 February 2015

FF #2 Normal moments of doubt

Okay, I am not going to lie. This is harder than I thought.

My day started at seven in the morning. It's been long, it's been tiring, and just when I thought it's about to end...

I remembered this entry.

Now down to business.

So today, something came across my mind.

Self doubt. And why it's normal sometimes.

Self doubt is when you second guess yourself and question the things you do and why you do them. Some people do it often, and some do it when they lapse into pensive phases. Which is what I do.

When you second guess yourself, you reassess all the pros and cons of the decision you have taken and do a quick check to ensure the decision you have taken is the right one.

Now when does it become too much?

When you doubt yourself all the time. When you doubt yourself in everything you do and why you do it. When you doubt yourself without any reason to.

When you doubt yourself without reason which in turn makes you unsure of yourself and that lowers your self esteem. Now that is problem.

Solution?

Define the parameters of self doubt before you indulge.

Wait, am I just thinking too much again?
Have I given this enough though?
If I have, what is making me think twice?

Because there will be a lot of things for your brain to worry about such a school, work or your family. You need to separate the ones worth the effort of using your grey matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment