Friday 6 February 2015

FF#4 Monotony. Break it? Or Keep it?


Image source

Do you ever wake up in the morning and feel like not dealing with today?


"Nope, sorry. I don't feel like dealing with life today. Maybe tomorrow, thanks."

You just feel like crawling back into bed, and closing your eyes, and drifting off into sleep where thoughts of school, work, life doesn't bother you with its hot pursuit?

Now, ever wonder why that happens? There has to be a reason to why you feel that way in the morning? 
This can be narrowed down to:
  • Are you mentally tired?
  • Is work/ school hectic? 
  • Are you avoiding dealing with something?
  • Are you drained of energy?
  • Are you unwell?
  • Or are you just lazy?
Or, maybe you aren't happy with your life right now and you just need a break from it, even if it were for a little while...

Well, maybe its just a case of things getting too monotonous?

That word, it makes me cringe while I even type it. Monotony.

Now don't get me wrong, there are some people who really like routine. They like things in place and scheduled, day in and day out. And there is nothing wrong with that. In fact, there are a few thing I like scheduled and routinized too (like my gym schedule).

But what about for those who constantly seek change? Exciting, adventurous things, new and creative elements, all neatly fitting together to make the perfect life? What about them?
What happens when they don't feel like dealing with the day? What do they have to complain about?

Now something struck me in the morning, where I felt like not dealing with today.
I used to think my life is interesting and fun. Monotony ain't getting anywhere near me today. MLIA.

Till I realized the value of routine. The predictability, the lure of planning, you can sort things out so easily when you know whats coming to you. And that seems just... so appealing.

And I have experienced that life. I have knows how monotony feels like and ironically, I hated it. So why am I looking for it now? 
Then I realized, you need an equal balance of both.

There are some part of yourself which you need to routinize, and some part where you need to be free and creative. For example, if your job requires you to be chained to a desk, then maybe you require a healthy dose of creative liberation in life outside work.
Think about it, if you job is as creatively demanding as mine, then maybe you need routine in some aspects of your life. A night routine before you fall asleep, perhaps. 

All I am saying is, if you don't feel like facing the world, instead of looking for reasons to run father away, try to look for reasons to solve it. It will do you much good than the temporary procrastination. 

And with this post, I think I have done just that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment