Saturday 17 January 2015

10 days. 5 flights. 3 cities and 1 incredible start to the New Years.

Happy New Year everybody!

The circumstances of this post are actually quite comical, and I really don’t know how to begin.

So the last week of 2014 prepared me for a project in January that would require me to travel. Now the dates of the travel weren't confirmed, but I was looking forward to it all the same and the project was quite interesting as it required a substantial amount of creativity. And since I was directly involved in it, I was even more excited to get started.

So when the dates of travel came around, I was laughing at the coincidence of it all. I had a shoot in one city on the 5, 6 & 7, then I had to leave for another city on the 9 to the 12, for another conference, then while I was on that conference, I was told that I would have to travel to yet another city on the 14 till 15th.

So given the fact that I love travelling (I mean, who doesn't?) even though the flights were back to back, I was still quite excited. Out of the 3 cities, 1 was a cosmopolitan city, the 2nd was a seaside city and the third had a beautiful chilly climate which I couldn't wait to experience.

So first let’s talk about what was comical about this;

For the last city, we got a text telling us that our flight to go back home has been delayed from 8:20 p.m. to 9:20 p.m. So we called our office and spent a little more and pre-poned it to an earlier flight of 6:20 p.m. When we got to the airport (2 hours earlier for the lack of things to do) we checked in and asked the attendant if our flight was on time. He said it was.

Happily, we proceeded to the terminal, grabbing a quick bite on our way and happy with our decision of booking an earlier flight. We get to the terminal a few minutes before our scheduled boarding time to see…

Our flight has been delayed by three hours.

Right.

Wait, it gets better. So we check our earlier flight to see if that is still at 9:20 p.m. and fortunately, that has been further delayed to 10 p.m. Now we were subconsciously expecting this. I mean, the chilly city is known to have flights delayed because of the climate and everything, and we were mentally prepared.

So when member of the cabin crew sat in the seat next to us, (he wasn’t inform of the delay either) I don’t know what compelled me to ask him the reason for our flight’s delay, his answer was something I wasn’t expecting.

Technical difficulties of the aircraft.

Ha, it gets even better.

So we sat at a terminal which has another terminal in the opposite direction. That terminal gated the same airlines as our delayed flight. So when their boarding call was made, guess where were they headed to?

Yep. The same city as ours. Back home.
So they get to leave, and we don’t.

Even better you ask?

Guess who we see walking into the terminal gate?

The client whose brand we came to this city to work for!
Sighs. And now as we wait for another hour and a half for our flight, I just wanted to share this experience that if something, anything is meant to happen, no matter what, it will happen.

All we can do is pray that it’s always for the best :)



Update: Haha, I made it back, safe and sound. Except for a bit of climatic turbulence, terrible last seats which don't recline and strategically placed next to the restroom. Oh, and getting a tad bit excited to see the food that I spilled it on the floor. *Thumbs up*
Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment