Sunday 17 August 2014

Why change is a good thing

Change is everywhere.



Something that struck me in the morning was that everyone has something that they are coping up with. Either its a break up, or a change, or a different perspective of something that has flipped their world upside down or something which strikes the notion that 'Hey, I am not the same person I was yesterday, or last month, or last year'

And you know what? That's perfectly okay. Sometimes change is a good thing, and sometimes we need it. Sometimes, we need to curb it and sometimes, we can't even control how fast things are going.
I felt the same a number of times, and most often I try to condition myself into thinking that the change I am going through should be for the better. And I make that happen! How?



  • You can keep track of how thing are progressing in a journal. I write everything and anything down. It serves to be a good reminder of how you have progresses and grown. 
  • I make sure I spend some time with myself. No one else, just me. And I know for some busy individuals, this must be something of a luxury, but who said you can't spend some alone time just before bed? Or even in the shower.
  • I reflect and be thankful for everything that I have, and I think this is crucial. Change will only help you be even more grateful for what you have and you are likely to take things less for granted.
  • Spend time doing what you love. And make sure you do it. Hey, you need to make your heart happy more often, and you can do that, by doing more good of something you love to do!
Honestly, I am not a fan of change, but I don't let that stop me from making myself better. I take the chance to do something new, or prove something of myself. Try not to dwell too much into it and over think it. That's a hazard in itself, embrace it and evolve into something better,today!

And as Master Oogway rightly said:


Images from Google 

No comments:

Post a Comment